“We are always at your service to settle your claim as early as possible. The only thing we need is your help and co-operation. It is a good practice to carefully read all the terms and conditions of the policy and understand the policy coverage so that there is no misunderstanding in the process and settlement of claims.”
PROCEDURES FOR LODGING FIRE CLAIMS
As soon as a claim occurs, be sure to inform us verbally immediately by telephone followed by a written intimation. After receiving your intimation of the claim, we will be deputing a Surveyor for the Survey formalities. The Surveyor might/will ask for the following documents:
- Claim Form duly filled up (provided by the Company)
- Detail Estimate of Loss/Damage
- Bill/Cash memo towards Repair/Replacement with formal VAT paid details, if any
- Copies of Invoice/bills for the purchase of affected properties/bill of quantity
- Witness Report / Sarjamin Muchulka
- Police Report in Original
- Extract of Stock register/sales bills, in case of stocks
- Report on occurrence from local authorities/fire brigade/meteorological dept or other appropriated body
- Salvage disposal particulars/value
To enable us to settle your claim as early as possible and to your satisfaction, please make sure that the above documents are submitted to us, in absence of which the claim process may be delayed. After the complete documents are received by the Surveyor he will be submitting us his reports based on the information and documents provided by you. We will then study the reports and decide on the claim complying with the relevant terms & condition of the Policy in every respect. If any further document and information is required from your side, we may be contacting you again.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT
The secondary precautionary measures are taken to prevent further loss (in case of theft of property after fire damage, insurance company will not be liable for such losses).
The salvage items of the parts are preserved till the claim is finally settled (we may be asking you to surrender such salvage items). But in most of the cases surveyor shall suggest a monetary value and adjust such amount in claim assessment.
Understand properly the assessment of claim prepared by surveyor.
Always ensure that your insurance coverage represent full market value to avoid any under insurance.
Please note indemnity method is as per insurance Policy.Click Here to Download : Claim Form Fire Insurance